How do you approach stress, or are you suddenly having a stress attack?
I’m trying a few strategies this last few months, here’s what’s helping me.
- I’ve enjoyed some time gaming, I was fortunate enough to buy a second hand gaming console and having some screen time where I’m not on emails or connecting with anyone particular, I have found helpful.
- Breakfast socials with friends or family. Well it’s cheaper to have someone else cook and heat the place isn’t it?
- The gym. It is becoming less of a chore, more of a leisure pastime. I’ve even increased my time in the building from 17 minutes to 29!
- Writing, I still find writing in a journal with pen a good way to let go of thoughts which are bothering me.
- Staying in touch with friends by phone when the distance is too far with travel costs.
- Trying to be more assertive, and leave more moderate feedback about things I am concerned or interested in.
- Having enough jumpers, extra joggers and blankets
- E-learning – I was amazed to find my job has many modules which I hadn’t used which could help me find better work options.
- A budget
- Actually I tend to blow my budget frequently, so more acurate recording of expenditure and income is helping me manage better so I know when to save for bills like rent and utilities.
- Relying on our government to resolve things….
I’m having realistic expectations here. I expect to be entertained by the governments shenanigans
What about you?