Tag Archives: cycling
One thing I have learned to be lately in strong minded. Although I come from a determined family.
I have somehow developed the ability so that I can force myself to do things I don’t want to do, to gain something I want.
I suppose when you succeed in doing something you didn’t think you could, it’s easier to believe in yourself.
Listening back to my podcast project, quite a lot of my audio tracks are about developing self belief
Achieving a goal as a team is another great way to develop resilience
I purchased what I thought was a high quality e-scooter, then realised in Bristol we are only supposed to be using Voi.
In pretty much the same 48 hours I heard there was a new lockdown, so I decided to try the scooter help some fresh air and freedom.
I put on my helmet and apparently a look of pure glee and anticipation and took it for a ride.
Pros and Cons…
- Mine seemed very well built overall.
- It had lights which turned on every time it was on
- Had three speeds: slow, moderate and a boost for uphills
- Meant I could avoid the bus where I was worried that people weren’t opening the windows because of winter.
- Downsides… the left red brake was an emergency stop
- …the right brake was a very soft ‘steering brake’
- Its more like braking with a car than with a bike
- It takes around 4 hours to charge
- The official hire Voi scooter costs 99p to unlock and 14p per minute
- It will probably cost the same as catching the bus if I need to travel
- My throttle needs repairing after 3 weeks of about 3 rides a week.