I was wondering if any readers in the UK would be prepared to share their experiences of right to buy and shared ownership.
I’ve been researching these terms as well as who it is that controls the housing market and its regulation.
I’m really concerned that principles of shared ownership which were in existence in 2015-2018 have been deleted somehow from what is being offered to you me and many of us who are key workers.
These are past help to buy shared ownership features
- Discount (repayable if you sell within the first 5 years)
- access to buy the local housing association home you live in, if you lived there longer than 5 years
Here are current shared ownership features
- Able to buy a home newly built for you
- No discount offered on price
- The house, is new, so often on the higher range of the local market rate
- Leases with 99 years or less available
Did you know that the maximum lease length is 999 years not 99 years?
Do you think a new building is worth more or is an older building worth more?