No one likes change, probably not even the staff at the eBay customer service centre.
PayPal is being dropped as they move to ‘Managed Payments’.
Means that all sales money will be sent directly to your business bank account within 2 business days. And no more invoices as eBay will deduct their fees before you get the funds.
I called up with that exact question… and got the impression that eBay is going to picking up a lot of calls with the same query.
- Paypal used to give sellers their money immediately
- But it was effectively loaning the money because it takes two days to clear
- Oh heck, we should have appreciated PayPal more
If everyone starts to hate the new managed payments system, there is a possibility that eBay will introduce its own PayPal type system, to give sellers the money on sold items upfront.
- Its better for compliance as most people use PayPal for many personal and business purchases
- It will be easier to show in a tax return document monies received direct to an allocated account
I don’t know what will happen about the extra 5 months you had with PayPal to chase up any disputes on orders. Which effectively meant users of eBay had 6 months insurance, in case an order went wrong.
See it wasn’t too scary after all was it….
Or was it? ….